Hackolade is available in different versions:
- Desktop application
- Professional edition: The Professional edition of Hackolade includes all the features of the Community and Personal editions, and much more! With no limit on the size of models, this premium version produces documentation in different flexible formats. Key additional features include forward- and reverse-engineering functions tightly integrated with MongoDB, DynamoDB, Couchbase, and all the other supported databases. Maintain your schema documentation in sync with your production instance, thanks to the ability to compare different versions of your model.
- workstation licenses (*): purchased per number of computers on which you would like to install the software. For example, if you purchase a 10-seat license, you may install and use the software on 10 computers.
- floating (concurrent) licenses (**): this option tracks the number of simultaneous users. If the number of simultaneous users reaches the number of purchased licenses, anyone who subsequently tries to start the software is denied access.
- Personal edition: The Personal edition of Hackolade is ideal for startups and individual developers. It includes all the features of the Community edition plus very flexible HTML documentation to share models with team members, and the capability to model an unlimited number of objects. You may also compare models and suggest the denormalization of existing relational models. The Personal edition does not include the advanced features of the Professional such as Forward- and Reverse-Engineering functions for each database target.
- Evaluation edition: Free 14-day evaluation of all the great features of Hackolade, without any restrictions.
- Community edition: The Community edition of Hackolade is completely FREE. It is an entry-level NoSQL document data modeling software with a subset of the Hackolade Personal and Professional edition. It is a great way for students and those new to modeling to get started with an industry-leading data modeling tool. The Community edition offers many of the core features of data modeling with a limit of 50 model objects. It includes Entity Relationship diagrams; the hierarchical schema view of JSON collections, and PDF documentation. But it does not include forward and reverse engineering, or HTML documentation.
The above editions are packaged in the same software. The activation key obtained through he Hackolade store determines feature access within the application.
(*): License metric is per Operating System Instance (“OSI”) (i.e. PCs under Windows, Mac or Linux OS), meaning that each implementation of the software can be installed onto a physical system or a partition, such as a Virtual Machines system, virtual environments, virtual private servers, containers, guests and zones within the physical system. A physical system can contain multiple Operating System Instances.
(**): concurrent (aka floating) licenses does NOT require a license server on premises.
Each edition is available natively on the following platforms:
- Windows: 64-bit
- Mac OSX
- Linux: 64-bit
- Smartphone Virtual Reality viewer: this is an experimental application, available for free from Google Play or the Apple App store. It works either with CardboardVR-compatible glasses or with the Samsung Gear VR glasses. You need to provide your own compatible smartphone. Hackolade VR viewer does not allow creation or maintenance of database models. It only provides a VR viewing experience of models previously created with a Hackolade desktop edition. The model to be viewed needs has to be stored on a web server accessible by the smartphone.