Hackolade is available in different versions:
- Workgroup Edition: The Workgroup Edition of Hackolade Studio includes all of the features of the Professional edition, plus a native integration with Git repositories for your data models. The Workgroup Edition makes it easy for users who are not so familiar with Git to leverage the tremendous power of this popular tool, to leverage versioning, branching, change tracking, collaboration, peer review, and other related capabilities. The Workgroup does NOT include the Collibra integration features. This option requires the purchase of an optional upgrade.
- Professional Edition: The Professional Edition of Hackolade includes all the features of the Community and Personal editions, and much more! With no limit on the size of models, this premium version produces documentation in different flexible formats. The Professional does NOT include the Collibra integration features, or the Workgroup-specific features such as the Git integration. These options require the purchase of an optional upgrade. Key features include forward- and reverse-engineering functions tightly integrated with MongoDB, DynamoDB, Couchbase, and all the other supported databases. Maintain your schema documentation in sync with your production instance, thanks to the ability to compare different versions of your model.
- individual workstation licenses (*): purchased per number of computers on which you would like to install the software. For example, if you purchase a 10-seat license, you may install and use the software on 10 computers.
- floating (concurrent) licenses (**): this option tracks the number of simultaneous users. If the number of simultaneous users reaches the number of purchased licenses, anyone who subsequently tries to start the software is denied access.
- Personal Edition: The Personal Edition of Hackolade is ideal for startups and individual developers. It includes all the features of the Community edition plus very flexible HTML documentation to share models with team members, and the capability to model an unlimited number of objects. You may also compare models and suggest the denormalization of existing relational models. The Personal edition does not include the advanced features of the Professional such as Forward- and Reverse-Engineering functions for each database target.
- Viewer Edition: The read-only viewer allows navigation through models for consultation purposes only -- no creation or editing, no forward-engineering (except JSON Schema and Excel) or reverse-engineering. When connected to Git repositories, also allows pull operations and commenting on change requests.
- Evaluation Edition: Free 14-day evaluation of all the great features of Hackolade, without any restrictions.
- Community Edition: The Community Edition of Hackolade is completely FREE. It is an entry-level NoSQL document data modeling software with a subset of the Hackolade Personal and Professional Editions. It is a great way for students and those new to modeling to get started with an industry-leading data modeling tool. The Community edition offers many of the core features of data modeling with a limit of 50 model objects. It includes Entity Relationship diagrams; the hierarchical schema view of JSON collections, and PDF documentation. But it does not include forward and reverse engineering, or HTML documentation.
Access this page to compare the different editions.
The above editions are packaged in the same software. The activation key obtained through the Hackolade store determines feature access within the application.
(*): License metric is per "per seat", meaning that the number of Authorized Users specified on the Invoice may use the software. A license must be obtained for each device on or from which the Product is used or accessed. When the Product is accessed remotely across using Terminal Server, Remote Desktop, Citrix XenDesktop or an equivalent method, a separate Product license is required to be assigned to each device from which the application is accessed, i.e. not the virtual machine on which the Product is installed.
(**): concurrent (aka floating) licenses do NOT require a license server on premises.
Each edition is available natively for the following platforms:
- Windows: 64-bit
- Mac OSX
- Linux: 64-bit